Monday, February 18, 2008

Thing #13 (Week 6)

del.icio.us

I have an a/c with
del.icio.us already so I did not spend too much time on this assignment. I did listen to the Santa Cruz Public Library tutorial to see if I could learn something new. I found I was familiar with everything covered in the first tutorial. I also browsed SJLibraryLearning2 del.icio.us site. Lots of interesting library links there.

Interesting that the SCPL posted the tutorial to YouTube. Unfortunately, I found the video blurry and hard to read.

I use
Del.icio.us as a place to bookmark web sites. I find it very convenient b/c I can access it from any computer with Internet access. I haven't figured out a school library use for it yet. In my h.s. library, we create pathfinders with print and online resources that are posted to the library Web site. Students can access the pathfinders from school or home. It might be useful to catalog the sites we use on del.icio.us for easy access in the future. Not sure yet.

B4 signing off, I decided to browse another of the recommended
Del.icio.us sites. I clicked on "Several Habits of wildly successful Del.icio.us users," only to find the URL is now used by "Slacker Manager."

On to the next lesson.

No comments: