Monday, February 18, 2008

Thing #14 (Week 6)

Technorati

I am starting to tire from the vastness of Web 2.0.

I explored Technorati and, as directed in the discovery exercises, conducted different types of searches using the key words:
"School Library Learning 2.0"

Blog Post Search:
On the advanced search page I noticed this statement:
"If you only want to search blog posts, try search.technorati.com."
I followed the instructions and got 2,056 hits. I looked at the first two pages of hits. I noticed some big names in the library world and a fair amount of repetition.

Tags Search:
This search netted just 27 hits - many of them from people who have taken this class.

Blog Directory Search
18 hits. Nearly all the hits were from people blogging their course assignments for School Library Learning 2.0.

I also visited Popular page on Technorati and explored popular blogs, searches and tags. All I can say is, who has time for all of this? I find reading people's blogs a bit tedious and would rather read a good book instead!

I am still learning about tagging. I am starting to use tags on del.cio.us and flickr.
Mostly for my own use however. I still don't like to make my work "public." I guess the jury is still our on whether I am going to use tags to share my searches, photos, blogs etc. with the world at large. Sign of my age I guess.


No comments: