Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thing # 19 (Week 8)

LibraryThing

I learned about LibraryThing at the AASL conference in Reno. Didn't get a chance to try it out until now. What a great Web site.

I am at that age where I read books and forget what they were about! From now on, I plan to add my books into Library Thing. From there I can quickly refer to reader reviews or the Amazon descriptions to get a refresher.

I have been looking for a good way to "advertise" new books in my high school library. I am considering using LibraryThing as a way to do that. When investigating the widgets available on LibraryThing, I found the html code to use to create a portal from our school Web site.



Cool!

All of the books I added to LibraryThing are very popular, except one. There was scant information on Town Boy, a graphic book, by Lat. Several of the pages I linked to said "Back in a Minute. We'll be back in 0-5 minutes." I walked away from the computer, came back and found nothing had changed. Oh well.

No comments: