Monday, March 3, 2008

Thing # 16 (Week 6)

For this activity I looked at the following wikis.
SJCPL Subject Guides
Book Lovers Wiki
Library Success: A best practices wiki
Library Bloggers Wiki
Sample AP World History Wiki

This group of wikis demonstrates the different ways they can be used. I am impressed by the design and organization of each. My favorite was the Book Lovers Wiki. I got distracted as I read the book reviews. The AP World History is impressive - the students did an excellent job of synthesizing their learning.

I am already familiar with wikis and created one for a Community Read Program for my town last year. We shared our opinions about books, review sources, etc. The challenge for me was to get the technophobes on the Community Read committee to overcome their fear of using the wiki. I gave it up in the end because the committee members didn't log on enough! With that particular group of people, it was easier to use a group e-mail for communication purposes.

My wiki can be found at:

http://onebook.pbwiki.com/

No comments: