Monday, March 3, 2008

Thing 18 (Week 8)

This posting was created in Zoho and posted to my blog from there!

I am already a convert to applications like Zoho and Google docs. I set up an account in Zoho as part of an earlier assignment for this class.smile

My husband and I are travelling to see our son in Senegal soon. I created a zoho doc for us to keep track of things we need to take with us. We can add to it from home and work, whenever the spirit moves us and we are near a computer.

I work in a high school library where students often work on papers and print out material they bring from home on flash drives and via e-mail. We are a Mac school and have encountered problems opening documents saved on VISTA. Students get very nervous when they can't print out papers that are due in 5 minutes! I encourage them to use Google docs for their work because it avoids problems like this. Now that I am familiar with Zoho, I will suggest it as well. So easy to use....

Our library staff uses Google docs in the spread sheet format for collection development. As we find materials we want to order, we add them to the list. Helps to prevent duplicate orders.

Now the challenge is to figure out how to post this to my blog for the Library 2.0 class....

1 comment:

Barb said...

It seems like you posted it successfully! I put my schedule up using Zoho so that teachers can see when I have the library free for their classes. Then they can just email me with their needs.

The only problem is that the table format I use doesn't show up well on the blog I am using to house it. I have ended up using their "make public" option and just put a link on the blog.

I loved your one book wiki, too! Sad that often people are reluctant to use new technologies. At least your students are willing!