Friday, January 25, 2008

Blogs, Wikis and Podcasts and Other Powerful Web Tools for the Classroom.


I was sidetracked from this course for about a week because I had to make a small presentation to the secondary library staff in my district. I gave a 'book report' on Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for the Classrooms by Will Richardson. I created a new blog as a means to convey the information to the group.

When I set up the blog, I created a new avatar on Yahoo - Let's just say there are still some bugs in Yahoo's site...After many false starts I figured out how to save the new avatar and upload it to my newly created blog. In the process, I found I can only have one avatar. The one I created for this blog was replaced by the new one. Lots of time spent on a frivolous activity!

The book I read was all about Web 2.0 and thus related directly to what we are learning in this class. I highly recommend it. Take a look at my blog for information on many of the Web Tools presented in the book.
http://newtonlibrarians.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Barb said...

I really like the format of your "wikis, podcasts, blogs" blog! It has such nice clean lines.

What do you like best for wiki hosting? I have to set up a discussion space for my district and I was going to do it in blog format, but wikis are all the rage...

Lynda Shoup said...

Thanks for posting about "Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts,and Other Powerful Web Tools for the Classroom" by Will Richardson, your book report and adding the link to that blog. I am really interested in perusing your resources once this class is finished. What a strange thought...can this class ever be finished when you consider how much deeper there is to go with all of these tools?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to looking at your resources