Monday, January 14, 2008

Thing #5 (Week3) Nor'Easter


January 14, 2008 Nor'easter
Originally uploaded by sharonite
Thing #5 (Week3)

January 14, 2008 Nor'easter

A Nor'easter hit New England today. My town was blanketed with 6+ inches of heavy, wet snow. Power was, and still is, out in many areas. My school was canceled for the day - provided me with the opportunity to take a few outdoor pictures. Since I couldn't take any pictures of my library today, I am including one of my outdoor photos.

I posted this Blog from Flickr. In order to do this, I set up an account, imported pictures from my Mac, created titles, descriptions and tags. I find Flickr easier to use than another photosharing site with which I have an a/c.

Most of this technology is not new to me. It is fun, however, to learn how to apply it in new ways.

3 comments:

LibraryStrong said...

Could you tell us the steps in posting your blog from Flickr. Several of us couldn't figure it out. I enjoyed your picture. I also went out to take photos.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture!
Chris

Barb said...

Pretty picture! I love Flickr. I haven't used it much lately, but in the summer I use it to show the progression of my garden from a lovingly tended bed of tender spring shoots to a badly neglected weed pit! It makes other gardeners feel good about themselves!