Sunday, January 13, 2008

Things #1-4 (Weeks 1 and 2)

Things #1 & 2: (Week 1)
To get started on this class, I:
  • read "about" the program. As noted by our Massachusetts instructor, this section is a little confusing because it was created for CSLA members and much of the information does not pertain to the Massachusetts group.
  • watched the 7 1/2 Habits online tutorial.
Things #3 and 4 (Week 2)
I set up my blog and avatar. This is the second time I have created a blog and the first time I have created an avatar. I named the blog newtonlibrary2 (I work at Newton South High School) Took me a while to create the avatar with the numerous choices available on Yahoo. I must admit I did not like providing the information required to set up a Yahoo account. I fudged the data a little.....

I added the blog to my iGoogle homepage for easy access.

My first blog was for a community read program in my town. The URL is:
http://onebookonetownsharon.blogspot.com/2007/03/peace-like-river.html
Not a great success. Only two people posted comments! In hindsight, I think I should have posted thoughts and ideas and asked for responses from readers. Would have given them ideas for comments.

No comments: