Friday, January 25, 2008

Thing #6 (Week 3) Flickr Fun


susiemo
Originally uploaded by sharonite
Thing 6 (week 3)

Please note: On March 30, I noticed the "photo is currently unavailable" notice. I figured out the problem and made a new posting on that day.

I have been surfing around for quite some time tonight. I read about "mash-ups" on Wikipedia (I rarely use this source....) and looked at Mappr , Color Pikr, Flickr Notifier (a user created a tool that allows users to download an RSS feed notifying them when friends post pix to Flickr), Montagr and PhotoWall. I am a bit overwhelmed by the variety of applications/tools that people have created to use with Flickr.

I couldn't figure out Mappr, as the link to Mappr.com provides an overview only. I found a similar tool under "Explore" on the Flickr toolbar. My son is studying in Dakar, Senegal - I viewed many pix from there by searching on the 'tag' of Dakar.

I created a trading card using a picture of one of my friends. I uploaded the picture to Flickr and am writing this posting from there. (My ID on Flickr is Sharonite.)

I need to spend more time at this to understand what applications are of use and/or interest to me!

No comments: